十大彩票网站排名 Service Program
For the 2023-2024 school year, 十大彩票网站排名’s Service Program is focused on faith-based service and working with the marginalized among us as we continue to practice the Works of Mercy.
An 80 hour commitment to Christian service work is required for graduation.
Many of these hours will be completed as part of the school day (school-wide service retreats, Catholic Social Teachings classwork, team or club sponsored service). The remaining hours should be completed on your own, over your high school career. A list of approved organizations can be found on this page. This is not an exhaustive list and will be updated periodically. If your organization or program is not listed, please complete the attached Service Request Form and send an email here for approval prior to your service.
Our service work will follow the Reflect-Serve-Reflect model with each student gaining a deeper understanding of who they are serving and why.
We do recognize the importance of volunteering in the community. This work, if not in a faith-based context, or in service to a marginalized segment of the population, would be accrued as general volunteer time, but would not satisfy the Service requirement.
Click here for a step-by-step guide about how to setup your x2VOL account.
- Why so many hours? I am busy with school sports, club sports, rehearsals, homework, horse shows, work, and friends. I thought we didn’t have to do service anymore.
- How is this fair? It seems like I have less time to complete a lot of hours!
- What about the service hours I have already accrued? Where do they go?
- May I still pack snack bags or write notes of encouragement for Baltimore Hunger Project? What about making lunches, sandwiches, or casseroles for a place like Our Daily Bread?
- I am new to 十大彩票网站排名. How should I keep track of my service? Can I start this summer?
(including Our Daily Bread, Christopher’s Place, Gallagher Services, My Sister’s Place)
Helping Up Mission
Local parishes and church communities
First Fruits Farm
Habitat for Humanity
Special Olympics Maryland
Maryland Food Bank
Ronald McDonald House
St. Vincent De Paul of Baltimore (including Camp St. Vincent and Beans & Bread)
Baltimore Hunger Project
(in-person packing events only)
Athletes Serving Athletes
Julie Community Center