As an integral component of the 十大彩票网站排名 curriculum, the library supports the development of information literacy by helping students to define their information needs, select and gather their information from a variety of sources, and evaluate the quality of that information.
The 十大彩票网站排名 Preparatory School Library seeks to provide all students with exposure to information across all disciplines in both print and electronic formats. These information literacy skills help hone the expertise necessary to become responsible, independent learners in college. Additionally, the library emphasizes the value of leisure-time reading.
The Library provides access to a comprehensive collection of curriculum-related print and electronic sources. These materials include circulating fiction and nonfiction books, reference books, eBooks, and online subscription databases. Students use their computers to access the electronic resources as well as work on classroom and homework assignments.
Services and Activities
The 十大彩票网站排名 Library provides a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the entire school community. These services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct research instruction to Middle and Upper School students
- Special programs throughout the year for both Upper and Middle School
- 十大彩票网站排名 Library Reading Challenge program
- Middle and Upper School Book Clubs
- Circulation of fiction and nonfiction books
- Access to subscription databases, eBooks, and LibGuides on campus and from home
- Access to Destiny, our web-based library automation system on campus and from home
- Upper School students have access to NoodleTools, an online research management tool used for citing sources and taking notes during the research process
- Individual assistance to students, as needed
- Orientation for 6th and 9th grades
- Infusion of technology during all phases of the research process
- Research projects are cooperatively planned with teachers and integrated into the curriculum in both Upper and Middle School
Did you know that 十大彩票网站排名 has an Employee Book Club?
Recent books that the club has read and discussed include...
The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray (March 2023)
We are the Brennans by Tracey Lang (November 2022)
These Precious Days: Essays by Ann Patchett (May 2022)
The Maid by Nita Prose (February 2022)
The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See (October 2021)
Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (January 2021)
The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (October 2020)
The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd (July 2020)